On October 30 at 14.00 at the Media Center «Kyiv Press Club» (27А Khreshchatyk Str., Kyiv) the Center for Public Diplomacy will present the publication «Information wars against Ukraine and other European countries: Lithuania’s experience in tackling propaganda».
The publication was elaborated by Ukrainian and Lithuanian experts on information security and strategic communication, and consists of the reports on possibilities to counter disinformation in Ukraine and the EU countries and Lithuania’s experience in tackling propaganda and strengthening independent media. The publication also contains the results of a survey of participants of the CPD thematic events in the frames of the relevant project in Mariupol, Severodonetsk, Kherson, Odesa, Mykolayiv on the use of mass media, tackling Russian propaganda and media literacy of the population.
The publication is issued in the frames of the project “Information wars against Ukraine and other European countries: Lithuania’s experience in tackling propaganda” funded under the Development Cooperation and Democracy Promotion Programme of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Andrii VITRENKO, Chair of the Center for Public Diplomacy, Vice Minister of Culture for European Integration (2014-2016);
- Oleksandr MAKOBRII, Head of the Main Division for International Information Policy, Media and Communications of the Information Policy and Information Security Directorate, Ministry of Culture and Information Policy of Ukraine;
- Oleksii POLEGKYI, doctor of political science, Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies, member of the Advisory Council of the Center for Public Diplomacy;
- Dar’ya HLUSHCHENKO, Speechwriter Analyst, Head of Communications Department at the Ukrainian National Bar Association;
- Mykhailo KHODAKIVSKII, PhD, Senior Researcher, V.M. Koretsky Institute of State and Law of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine;
- Andrii SHCHEKUN, Director of the Information Centre “Voice of Crimea”, Editor-in-Chief of the Newspaper “Krymska Svitlytsya”, member of the Advisory Council of the Center for Public Diplomacy.